Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org> on 2014/07/01 11:22:54 UTC

Re: Catalogue improvements: OSGi feature proposal

Hi Aled,

On 30 June 2014 19:09, Aled Sage <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps the most controversial piece is the how to interpret the service
> type.
>
> This type could potentially refer to something in the catalog, or to a java
> class, or to a yaml file.
>
> To be explicit, we could support prepending these with "catalog:" or "java:"
> or "yaml:".

Be explicit, IMO. *Possibly* make an exception for Java classes
(that's how service type is always parsed at the moment, isn't it?)

Autodetecting is a nice idea but can have ambiguity and require
special cases - so my opinion is just to avoid that entirely.