Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by P Williams <wi...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/18 21:19:31 UTC

DIH field defaults or re-assigning field values

Hi All,

I'm using the DataImportHandler to import documents to my index.  I assign
one of my document's fields by using a sub-entity from the root to look for
a value in a file.  I've got this part working.  If the value isn't in the
file or the file doesn't exist I'd like the field to be assigned a default
value.  Is there a way to do this?

I think I'm looking for a way to re-assign the value of a field.  If this
is possible then I can assign the default value in the root entity and
overwrite it if the value is found in the sub-entity. Ideas?

Thanks,
Tricia

Re: DIH field defaults or re-assigning field values

Posted by P Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
I discovered how to use the
ScriptTransformer<http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#ScriptTransformer>
which
worked to solve my problem.  I had to make use
of context.setSessionAttribute(...,...,'global') to store a flag for the
value in the file because the script is only called if there are rows to
transform and I needed to know when the default was appropriate to set in
the root entity.

Thanks for your suggestions Alex.

Cheers,
Tricia

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
You could also do this in request update processor. There is a default
value one there. Also, I think field definition in schema allows defaults.

Regards,
    Alex