Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Deno Vichas <de...@syncopated.net> on 2012/06/28 21:02:52 UTC

Re: hector timeouts

On 6/28/2012 9:37 AM, David Leimbach wrote:

> That coupled with Hector timeout issues became a real problem for us.

could you share some details on this?  we're using hector and we see
random timeout warns in the logs and not sure how to address them.

thanks,
deno

Re: hector timeouts

Posted by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.
lots of folks use Apache Kafka, check out
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Powered+By just to name a
few

you can read about the performance for yourself
http://incubator.apache.org/kafka/performance.html

@ http://www.medialets.com we use Kafka upstream of Cassandra acting like a
queue so our workers can do their business logic prior to storing their
results in Cassandra, Hadoop & MySQL

this decouples our backend analytics from our forwarding facing system
keeping our forward facing system (ad serving to mobile devices) as fast as
possible and our backend results near realtime (seconds from data coming in)

here are some papers and presentations
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+papers+and+presentations

--

/*