Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Arthur M. Kang" <ar...@levelogic.com> on 2000/11/15 19:46:31 UTC

What's the best way to display static HTML?

I'm using modperl for a site I'm developing.  The basic structure (framework
(header and footer)) is all dynamic and custom built for individual users.
There are a series of static HTML documents, though, that need to be
incorporated within the dynamic framework.  If I just stick the HTML into
the modules and print, won't it make my server processes unnecessarily large
(just holding static HTML in memory)??  Just wondering what the best method
is to display static HTML within a dynamic framework.  Speed and cache are
probably important, but frequent dumps of the cache so as not to hold the
memory.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks!

Arthur

RE: What's the best way to display static HTML?

Posted by Vivek Khera <kh...@kciLink.com>.

AMK> The framework is all dynamic content with dynamic links for each user.

Apache::Include should be useful then.

Just Apache::Include->virtual('/path/to/file.html');

Internet: khera@kciLink.com       Rockville, MD       +1-240-453-8497
AIM: vivekkhera Y!: vivek_khera   http://www.khera.org/~vivek/

Re: What's the best way to display static HTML?

Posted by Vivek Khera <kh...@kciLink.com>.

AMK> I'm using modperl for a site I'm developing.  The basic structure (framework
AMK> (header and footer)) is all dynamic and custom built for individual users.
AMK> There are a series of static HTML documents, though, that need to be

Is there something wrong with just linking them to the static html
page?