Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Pasquale Salza <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/13 14:48:06 UTC

Custom user classpath

Hi there,
I'm facing with a problem concerning the classpath. I want to add to the
classpath the third-party libraries placed into my all-inclusive JAR, in
particular I need to replace the default avro-1.7.4.jar (which is included
with HDP 2.1, Hadoop 0.23.11) with the most recent avro-1.7.7.jar. I
succeded in using it during the job phase, by set
"mapreduce.job.user.classpath.first" to "true" but I'm not  able to force
my code to use custom jars during the simple execution on the master.

I managed to force the behavior by deleting avro-1.7.4.jar in the whole
default classpath, but I don't  think this is the best parctice.

Any ideas?

Pasquale

--
Pasquale Salza