Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by tomcat t tomcat <ky...@mailcity.com> on 2000/05/12 00:12:42 UTC

clarify tomcat architecture

Hello

I want to clarify my concept about tomcat and apache.
I am using linux, i want to use apache with tomcat.
I included the file 'tomcat.conf' in the apache configuation file.

That means, for apache server, it will decide a request from web user will send to tomcat or not using the tomcat.conf.

Then in the tomcat side, it will look for a file server.xml to decide which page will be opened.

is it correct?
please correct me.

thanks

link broken in user Guide

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <J....@bton.ac.uk>.
Hi,
i tried to login to http://jakarta.apache.org/bugs  buzgilla, but It
does not give me permission.

under this page:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html

near
<h3> Making it on Apache </h3>

for

Cheers

Juan

Re: clarify tomcat architecture

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <J....@bton.ac.uk>.
Hi,

Have you read the User guide?

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html

Maybe that will clarify a bit the tomcat architecture.

Cheers

Juan