Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Gagan Sinha <ga...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/07 21:57:03 UTC

AJAX code not able to get Response from WebService hosted in Axis 1.4

Hi

This is the First Web Service I have created. I have followed the following
Steps

1.	Deployed the axis as a web application in Weblogic 8.1 sp2
2.	Created a simple WebService called FirstWebService (appends Hello to
the passed String and returns the new String) and updated the
server-config.xml
3.	Also Enabled the SoapMonitor for this webService.
4.	The url
http://localhost:7001/7001/axis/services/FirstWebservice?wsdl returns me the
wsdl file and works fine the eclipse plugin which creates the SOAP request
and sends back the response using the wsdl file.

----------------------------------------------SOAP
REQUEST----------------------------------------------

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:m="http://test.webservices.hrblock.com"

    <SOAP-ENV:Body>

        <sayHello xmlns="http://test.webservices.hrblock.com">

            <poName xsi:type="xsd:string">Gagan

     </poName>

        </sayHello>

    </SOAP-ENV:Body>

</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

---------------------------SOAP
RESPONSE--------------------------------------------------------------------

    <soapenv:Body>

        <ns1:sayHelloResponse
xmlns:ns1="http://test.webservices.hrblock.com">

            <sayHelloReturn
xsi:type="xsd:string">HelloGagan</sayHelloReturn>

        </ns1:sayHelloResponse>

    </soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

But when I try to send the request using AJAX XMLHttpRequest it returned a
fault code  "NoSOAPAction".

On Setting the setReqestHeader("SOAPAction","/") . It now Returns ..

<faultcode>soapenv:Server.userException</faultcode><faultstring>org.xml.sax.
SAXParseException: Element type &quot;SOAP-ENV:Envelope&quot; must be
followed by either attribute specifications, &quot;&gt;&quot; or
&quot;/&gt;&quot;.</faultstring>

Any Suggestions on how to get it working.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Gagan

Re: AJAX code not able to get Response from WebService hosted in Axis 1.4

Posted by Tugdual Grall <tu...@gmail.com>.
Hello Gagan,

Have you tried to send the SOAPAction as an HTTP Header?

Tugdual Grall
http://www.grallandco.com