Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Bright <Pe...@orbian.com> on 2004/03/24 12:34:01 UTC

scm:bootstrap-project not working quite right.

Hello

I have a multiproject project set up something like this:

/root-project
	maven.xml
	project.xml
	project.properties
	/sub-projects
		/sub-project-one
			maven.xml
			project.xml
			project.properties
		/sub-project-two
			maven.xml
			project.xml
			project.properties

etc..

The root's project.properties defines a couple of (system-dependent)
properties (let's say, windows.jboss.home, solaris.jboss.home); a goal
within its maven.xml then picks the right one (depending on the OS) and puts
them into a third property (say, jboss.home).  The sub-projects then use
this third property.

This all works fine (whether it be ideal or not I don't know.  I inherited
the layout and am unwilling to rearrange things without good reason).

What I would like to do is to be able to use scm:bootstrap-project to check
out the project and run the default goal.  Here's where the problem lies,
using both rc1 and rc2.

The checkout happens normally, and the project begins building.  It then
reaches a part that depends on the property dynamically set at runtime --
jboss.home, and promptly fails.  <echo>ing the variable shows that it's
blank.  It gets set fine in the root maven.xml but goals in the subproject
maven.xml can no longer see it.

If I traverse to the checkout directory and run the same goal from there, it
works fine; the jboss.home property gets correctly set and is accessible to
the subprojects.  It only seems to be when run from scm:boostrap-project
that it doesn't seem visible.

Does anyone know why this value isn't getting inherited properly when using
scm:bootstrap-project?  Should the project even work in the first place?

I apologize in advance if I'm omitted any necessary details; I'm not really
sure what else needs to be said.

Peter

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Orbian Management Limited. It is intended solely for the named addressee(s) and may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent.
Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attached documents.
Any opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and are not given or endorsed by Orbian unless otherwise clearly indicated.
Orbian has scanned this e-mail for viruses but accepts no liability or responsibility for any onward transmission or use of emails and attachments having left the Orbian domain.