Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Grégory Joseph <gr...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/13 16:11:35 UTC

Parent pom not resolved in current reactor ?

Hey there,

In the documentation for "relativePath" in
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd, I read that "Maven looks
for the parent pom first in the reactor of currently building
projects, then <...>". Oddly enough, even though the reference docs
_seem_ to be generated off of the same source, this bit is absent from
http://maven.apache.org/ref/3.2.3/maven-model/maven.html#class_parent

Empirically, it would appear the online doc is correct and the xsd doc
is wrong, but I'd like a confirmation this is indeed the intended
behavior. I'm currently working on a project that has a reactor, but
where some of the modules have a different lifecycle than others; for
those, it is inconvenient to have to have <relativePath> (because that
paths points to a current snapshot, where as the rest of the <parent>
tag point to a release version of the same artifact, making it unclear
which one is actually used)

Thanks for any hint or tip,

Cheers,

-greg