Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2002/11/04 08:11:44 UTC

changes to skinconf.xml (Was: Newbie Feedback)

Peter Donald wrote:
> One more thing I didn't like was the way the skinconf was defined.
> The first thing I did was change
>
> <trail>
>   <link1 name="RealityForge" href="http://www.realityforge.org/"/>
>   <link2 name="ThinkTank" href="http://www.realityforge.org/thinktank"/>
> </trail>

> <trail>
>   <link name="RealityForge" href="http://www.realityforge.org/"/>
>   <link name="ThinkTank" href="http://www.realityforge.org/thinktank"/>
> </trail>
>
> I was also consider changing all the image/icon defs to use a standard format
> but have a "role" element that could define their role. ie Look something
> like
>
> <logo>
>   <name>ThinkTank</name>
>   <role>project</role>
>   <url>http://www.realityforge.org/thinktank</url>
>   <image>skin/images/thinktank-logo.gif</image>
>   <width>88</width>
>   <height>31</height>
> </logo>
> <logo>
>   <name>RealityForge</name>
>   <role>group</role>
>   <url>http://www.realityforge.org/</url>
>   <image>skin/images/rf.gif</image>
>   <width>88</width>
>   <height>31</height>
> </logo>
> <logo>
>   <name>Built with Cocoon</name>
>   <role>credit</role>
>   <url>http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/</url>
>   <image>skin/images/built-with-cocoon.gif</image>
>   <width>88</width>
>   <height>31</height>
> </logo>
>
> Thoughts?
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Peter Donald

Thanks Peter, these are things that worried me too.

We would need stylesheet mods to accompany this.
Have you already done that for your local build?
If so, please send patches.

We also need "alt" as one of the logo parameters,
probably required.

--David

Re: changes to skinconf.xml (Was: Newbie Feedback)

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 18:11, David Crossley wrote:
> We would need stylesheet mods to accompany this.
> Have you already done that for your local build?
> If so, please send patches.

Unfortunately I use a different stylesheet. You should be able to extract it
from the style I just sent though. I don't feel game enough to touch the
forrest skin :)

> We also need "alt" as one of the logo parameters,
> probably required.

I think I just put "{$name} logo". But it could be nice to put taglines with
em. ie "Ant - the only bug you want near your code" or similar.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"All my life I wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more
specific."
-- Jane Wagner