Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/24 10:43:35 UTC

IRC meeting on MINA road map

Hi all,

Here's the list of timezone of all participants except Luke.  Luke, could
you give your timezone?

GMT+0:00: Dave Irving
GMT+9:00: Trustin Lee
GMT+5:30: Vinod Panicker
GMT+1:00: Julien Vermillard and Niklas Therning
GMT-5:00: Alex Karasulu and Peter Royal

I guess we cannot do this meeting on a weekday. Considering the guys in
American continent, sometime on Sunday GMT will be fine for all of us.

Everyone, please give me once again your available time and date in GMT.  If
you have some free time on a weekday,  please specify it, too, so I can
arrange the meeting on a weekday if possible.

I'm available from 1 pm to 4 pm in GMT on weekdays, and otherwise from 0 am
to 4 pm.

Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

Re: IRC meeting on MINA road map

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
In weekday
in GMT  time :
08:00 to 18:00
for weekend, hard to say ;)

Posted by "Luke Hubbard (luke@codegent.com)" <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Im in thailand so thats. GMT+7:00

-- Luke

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Apr 24, 2006, at 4:43 AM, Trustin Lee wrote:
> I'm available from 1 pm to 4 pm in GMT on weekdays, and otherwise
> from 0 am

roughly 1pm to 8pm GMT most days, weekends being harder to pin down.

-pete

Re: IRC meeting on MINA road map

Posted by Jörg Henne <j....@levigo.de>.
Hi,

I'd like to pitch a minor issue which should be addressed while
discussing the future of MINA.
A few weeks ago I started to work on the DS DHCP server. Work has
progressed so far that clients can successfully register IP addresses
with the server and all, although the code is still unfit for general
consumption.

Ir order to implement the DHCP functionality, however, it was necessary
to apply a minor patch to the MINA code base. The patch is necessitated
by the fact that packets which are received via broadcast from a DHCP
client don't have a proper source address. As a consequence, the reply
messages must also be broadcast (or, in some cases sent by unicast to a
different address). The existing code created a new MINA IoSession per
message in order to handle this case, causing quite a lot of overhead
and, worse, a new thread which lingered even after it was done.
In order to do away with the overhead, I introduced a special session
attribute which allows me to re-direct a message while it is sent like this:

            InetSocketAddress isa = determineMessageDestination(
request, reply );
            session.setAttribute( "destination", isa );
            session.write( reply );

This property is used in
DatagramAcceptorDelegate.flush(DatagramSessionImpl) to override the
message destination address like this:

            if ( !key.isValid() )
            {
                continue;
            }

            // HACK: allow destination to be overridden using session
attribute.
            SocketAddress destination = session.getRemoteAddress();
            Object d = session.getAttribute( "destination" );
            if ( null != d && d instanceof SocketAddress )
                destination = ( SocketAddress ) d;

            int writtenBytes = ch.send( buf.buf(), destination );

I am not too happy with this hack, but it was easy and worked. I you
could come up with a more general and elegant solution, I'd be more than
happy.

Joerg Henne

Re: IRC meeting on MINA road map

Posted by Vinod Panicker <vi...@gmail.com>.
Availability on weekdays : 06:00 to 14:00 GMT
Weekends - no guarantees :)

Regards,
Vinod.

Re: IRC meeting on MINA road map

Posted by Niklas Therning <ni...@trillian.se>.
I'm available between 7am and 5pm GMT on weekdays. Weekends I can't say
for sure.

/Niklas