Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Fabrizio Fabbri <fa...@webanics.com> on 2004/08/06 18:42:45 UTC

My contrib:Tree one day engage

system architecture

AS: JBoss 3.2.3

Service Component: EJB (CMP + Session)

Web Component: Tapestry 3

workspace
Eclipse 3
Spindle
JBossIDE
and a big bunch of bad plgns

Use case:
Have nice Pattern Composite that work as a graph, with link node-to-node.

Have made the Admin use case, and you have a tree to play. The tree is
the complete data view so  the ITreeModel go to persisten prop(I know
not a good solution but ehi it's work!) and is a BusinessDelegate to a
SLSB. All work nice and fine. CRUD and work with multiple admin.

In this use case the user must navigate only one child of root.
So like master-detail have a page to choose the child of root, and go in
the detail page where there is a tree component. Now coming the problem.
If I go back and forward beetwen these page without expand the tree all
work fine, but when I expand one time the tree, I can not switch to
another child of root and the Model is forever the same, no update work.

I tried everythingh like:
pageBeginRender:
getTreeModel().getTreeStateModel().resetState()
setTreeModel(null)

and now I find only one function that wrk in pageBeginRender:
IComponent comp =getComponent("menu");
if (comp instanceof ITreeComponent) {
      ITreeComponent a = (ITreeComponent) comp;
     a.resetState();

}

Where the problem?
Now work but not sure the better solution.

P.S. In the middle of the problem I say @#@$%££kkkk now I switch over
JSF.........AHAH!!! JSF not have a default tree component!!!....then?.....
.......swith .NET!!!!........Azz I love my  EJB!!!! and don't have money
ad a work here in my little city of Forlì to buy that!!!....so ........
eureka use a applet and
this beautifull JTree!!!!!! and throw new
BadSpecException(html);........no no this is not the
way......luke....luke....use the force.........

P.P.S. I setup tap log4j in DEBUG mode so I have a lot of log, but what
I must watch to track down this problem?

Thank you.
Bix

Re: My contrib:Tree one day engage

Posted by Philippe Paravicini <ph...@paravicini.com>.
I have used this very nice javascript tree before:

http://javascript.cooldev.com/scripts/cooltree/

This was in a struts application, but I have no reason to believe that you
would not be able to use it with Tapestry.

You would need to pass as much data as you need to the browser to build the
tree.

I like the effect better than a server-side tree because there is no refresh
of the page when opening/closing nodes (provided that the data is already on
the page).

pp

Re: OT: RE: My contrib:Tree one day engage

Posted by Fabrizio Fabbri <fa...@webanics.com>.
Adam Saltiel wrote:

>Forli, Emilia-Romagna, near Florence Tuscany?
>Can't complain, I guess.

Yep on adriatic sea, near Bologna.

Fabrizio Fabbri

OT: RE: My contrib:Tree one day engage

Posted by Adam Saltiel <ad...@btinternet.com>.
Forli, Emilia-Romagna, near Florence Tuscany?
Can't complain, I guess.

Adam Saltiel