Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Alexey Neyman <st...@att.net> on 2014/08/23 20:51:50 UTC

Alternative for svn_load_dirs.pl?

Hi all,

Attached is a alternative for the svn_load_dirs.pl. Unlike svn_load_dirs.pl, this
svn-import.py can automatically detect the renames, including renames of the
whole directories.

The usage is described in the large comment at the top of the script.

Worth adding to contrib?

Regards,
Alexey.

Re: Alternative for svn_load_dirs.pl?

Posted by Alexey Neyman <st...@att.net>.
On Saturday, September 06, 2014 01:36:39 PM Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 09:19:33PM -0700, Alexey Neyman wrote:

> > > I've read your script and like it a lot. I think we should add it
> > > to our repository, either in tools/ or contrib/.
> > >
> > > I would suggest using a different name though. Perhaps svn-vendor.py?
> >
> > I am fine with the name change, if this was a question to me.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Alexey.
>
> AFAIK your apache.org account should be working by now.

Just tested it with an obvious fix in svnlook.c (r1623317).

> I would suggest to import your script under the name 'svn-vendor.py'.
> You'll need to stamp a licence on it before import. Any open source
> licence of your choice is fine.
>
> If you choose APLv2 please put it in ^/subversion/trunk/tools/svn-vendor.py.
> If you want to add additional files along with the script, a new directory
> such as ^/subversion/trunk/tools/svn-vendor/ is fine too.

I am ok with APLv2; will do it tomorrow.

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 09:19:33PM -0700, Alexey Neyman wrote:
> On Monday, August 25, 2014 02:43:50 PM Stefan Sperling wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 11:51:50AM -0700, Alexey Neyman wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Attached is a alternative for the svn_load_dirs.pl. Unlike
> > > svn_load_dirs.pl, this svn-import.py can automatically detect the
> > > renames, including renames of the whole directories.
> > >
> > > The usage is described in the large comment at the top of the script.
> > >
> > > Worth adding to contrib?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Alexey.
> >
> > I've read your script and like it a lot. I think we should add it
> > to our repository, either in tools/ or contrib/.
> >
> > I would suggest using a different name though. Perhaps svn-vendor.py?
>
> I am fine with the name change, if this was a question to me.
>
> Regards,
> Alexey.

AFAIK your apache.org account should be working by now.

I would suggest to import your script under the name 'svn-vendor.py'.
You'll need to stamp a licence on it before import. Any open source
licence of your choice is fine.

If you choose APLv2 please put it in ^/subversion/trunk/tools/svn-vendor.py.
If you want to add additional files along with the script, a new directory
such as ^/subversion/trunk/tools/svn-vendor/ is fine too.

In case of any other licence it should go to contrib, e.g.
^/subversion/trunk/contrib/svn-vendor/

Thanks!

Re: Alternative for svn_load_dirs.pl?

Posted by Alexey Neyman <st...@att.net>.