Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by michael <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com> on 2004/07/10 15:04:25 UTC

My Sleeves are Rolled Up

I would like to jump in and help.  My help will be on a learning curve.  I
know Java and I have coded about every area you can think of in Java with
an emphasis in networking, io and webwork.  However, I am new to being part
of an open source community and will need a bit of mentoring.  I would like
to work in an area that increases my understanding and flexibility to work
on every part of this project.  Anyone have a little time to guide me along
at the start?  Right now I am just like the kid at the candy store.  Don't
know which way to turn.  Thanks if you have time.

Michael

Re: My Sleeves are Rolled Up

Posted by ja...@mac.com.
Hey Michael

On 10 Jul 2004, at 14:04, michael wrote:
> I would like to jump in and help.  My help will be on a learning
> curve.  I know Java and I have coded about every area you can think of
> in Java with an emphasis in networking, io and webwork.  However, I am
> new to being part of an open source community and will need a bit of
> mentoring.  I would like to work in an area that increases my
> understanding and flexibility to work on every part of this project.
> Anyone have a little time to guide me along at the start?  Right now I
> am just like the kid at the candy store.  Don't know which way to
> turn.  Thanks if you have time.

I'd browse the FAQ

http://geronimo.apache.org/faq.html#how-to-help

and the wiki

http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo

maybe hang out on IRC

if you want to get a feel for the code, it might be worth browsing the
issue tracker & trying to find some issue that needs fixing

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10220

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/