Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Rick Richardson <ri...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/27 21:21:47 UTC

Two Newbie Questions

I am looking at POCing Mesos in our environment to run not only data
analytics but scheduling long lived services across clusters with something
like Aurora.  So my question is :  Is it possible to dynamically add to the
pool across which Mesos schedules at runtime?

E.g. We have Openstack clusters and I would like to dynamically make a pool
of VMs available to schedule across if needed (in addition to bare metal
machines)

Also, are there any efforts underway to run HBase via Mesos? I see it
mentioned in a few places, but it is not listed as a Mesos Framework.

Re: Two Newbie Questions

Posted by Cory Watson <gp...@keen.io>.
Yup!  Just add new machines running mesos-slave and pointed at the
mesos-masters and they should show up, ready to run.

--
Cory Watson
Principal Infrastructure Engineer // Keen IO