Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/13 14:19:16 UTC

Update to documentation formatting

Hi all,

Apache confluence was updated to v2.10 recently and I noticed that the
following wiki code is not working as we expected.

{color:white}
{noformat:borderStyle=solid|bgColor=#000000}
Command samples and results
{noformat}
{color}

The change was confirmed by Confluence developer to be valid.
http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-8616
Therefore I suggest to use following code as an alternative for Geronimo
Doc.

{noformat:borderStyle=solid}
Command samples and results
{noformat}

If there is no objection, I'll update Tips for writing and formatting
documentation<http://cwiki.apache.org/geronimo/tips-for-writing-and-formatting-documentation.html>first.
And all of Geronimo docs shall be updated accordingly.

I am not sure if there would be a better approach rather than updating each
page by hand. Maybe confluence administrators could help.....? As far as I
know, administrators can export a space as an .xml file and restore the
space back again.

Any comments are appreciated.

Jeff C