Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Yaron Gonen <ya...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/19 11:49:14 UTC

InputFormat for some REST api

Hi,
Do you know of any InputFormat implemented for some REST api provider?
Usually when one needs to process data that is accessible only by REST, one
should try to download the data first someone, but what if you cannot
download it?

thanks

Re: InputFormat for some REST api

Posted by Yaron Gonen <ya...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, and excellent points.
I just wanted to know if someone is working this way and if it is a common
use-case.

Posted by Yaron Gonen <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yaron Gonen <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yaron Gonen <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Thieme <at...@athieme.com>.
Are there examples detailing how to write input formats, record readers and related classes? I was hoping to write one against a Redis database and it seems that shares similar issues to accessing data from a rest API.

Alex Thieme
athieme@athieme.com
508-361-2788

Posted by Alex Thieme <at...@athieme.com>.