Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Zsolt Koppany <zk...@intland.com> on 2003/10/10 07:16:39 UTC

How to use jar files from CLASSPATH

Hi,

my application has to use DB2 JDBC that is in the CLASSPATH. How can I get
tomcat-4.1.24 to search for entries from CLASSPATH?

I understand that I could probably copy the entries from CLASSPATH into
.../WEB-INF/lib, but this JDBC driver does use native libraries, thus I
would not like to copy them into .../WEB-INF/lib.

This is how CLASSPATH is defined after DB2 installation:

.;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\java\db2java.zip;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\java\db2jcc
.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\java\sqlj.zip;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\java\db2jcc
_license_cu.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\bin;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB\java\commo
n.jar

As you can see there is even a directory in CLASSPATH (that contains a lot
of files).

Zsolt