Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Johan Oskarsson <jo...@oskarsson.nu> on 2009/02/25 13:23:42 UTC

Serialization comparison

Hi,

With the introduction of the more compact binary protocol in Thrift
(THRIFT-110) I thought it would be a good time to compare it to some of
the competitors. See this post for results:
http://blog.oskarsson.nu/2009/02/compact-and-cross-language.html

In short, Thrift does very well on the points of interest for me.

/Johan

Re: Serialization comparison

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.
Thanks for taking the time to do this comparison! In particular, I'm
really pleased to see that the compact protocol retains impressive
compressibility as compared to the binary protocol.

-Bryan