Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by Niketan Pansare <np...@us.ibm.com> on 2016/10/04 17:39:53 UTC

Re: Building a community around SystemML

Hi all,

I got following response from Andrew Starr-Bochicchio (community manager,
DigitalOcean) regarding my request to include Apache projects in
Hacktoberfest.

>> As long a the pull request happens on GitHub, it will count towards
Hacktoberfest. In fact, Libcloud is both an Apache project and one of the
featured projects on the Hacktoberfest site. The "hacktoberfest" label is
just being used to help direct new contributors to where the help is most
needed.
>> We've seen some of the projects that have used Hacktoberfest most
successfully, use it as a carrot for people already around the peripheries
of their own communities. It provides a bit of a push for people that need
it. So I'd definitely encourage you to share Jira issues you've labeled out
to your wider user community.

Apache PMC members: I encourage you all to create JIRAs with the labels
'starter' and 'Hacktoberfest' :)

Thanks,

Niketan Pansare
IBM Almaden Research Center
E-mail: npansar At us.ibm.com
http://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/view.php?person=us-npansar

From:	Shagun Sodhani <ss...@gmail.com>
To:	dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org
Date:	09/29/2016 08:57 AM
Subject:	Re: Building a community around SystemML
Sent by:	sshagun.sodhani@gmail.com

Great. Hopefully, I would also start to contribute to SystemML :)

Thanks,
Shagun
https://twitter.com/shagunsodhani

<ss...@gmail.com>

<np...@us.ibm.com>

> would
> papers,
> > it
Felix.

Posted by Madison Myers <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 for creating JIRA's with labels 'starter' and 'Hacktoberfest'! Sounds
great.