Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kenf_nc <ke...@realestate.com> on 2010/07/15 17:34:31 UTC

Tag generation

A colleague mentioned that he knew of services where you pass some content
and it spits out some suggested Tags or Keywords that would be best suited
to associate with that content.

Does anyone know if there is a contrib to Solr or Lucene that does something
like this? Or a third party tool that can be given a solr index or solr
query and it comes up with some good Tag suggestions?

Re: Tag generation

Posted by kenf_nc <ke...@realestate.com>.
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm absorbing them as quickly as I can.

Re: Tag generation

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
in UIMA there are two components which wrap OpenCalais [1] and AlchemyAPI
[2][3] services that you could use, then you could also add something else
to the tagging pipeline (using existing stuff [4] or implementing your own
logic).
Hope this helps.
Tommaso

[1] : http://uima.apache.org/sandbox.html#opencalais.annotator
[2] : http://www.alchemyapi.com
[3] : http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/sandbox/trunk/AlchemyAPIAnnotator
[4] : http://uima.apache.org/sandbox.html

Re: Tag generation

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@buyways.nl>.

Re: Tag generation

Posted by Olivier Dobberkau <ol...@dkd.de>.
Am 15.07.2010 um 17:34 schrieb kenf_nc:

> A colleague mentioned that he knew of services where you pass some content
> and it spits out some suggested Tags or Keywords that would be best suited
> to associate with that content.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a contrib to Solr or Lucene that does something
> like this? Or a third party tool that can be given a solr index or solr
> query and it comes up with some good Tag suggestions?

Hi

there something from http://www.zemanta.com/
and something from basis tech http://www.basistech.com/

i am not sure if this would help. you could have a look at

http://uima.apache.org/

greetings,

olivier

--