Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Aravinth T <ar...@zohocorp.com> on 2016/04/16 03:29:45 UTC

Combining many field as JSON and made it into a single field - Performance

I tried to combine multiple different fields (Stored Fields) into a JSON object

and added in to lucene document as single field

I get a better performance while reading the field from the index.

though constructing the JSON requires additional time, It still retrieve the data faster

What is the reason for this ?

I done update reading and indexing the data

while reading i convert them back to single fields

from JSON object

No. of Documents
 No.of Fields
 Run
 With JSON &amp; Compression
 With JSON &amp; No Compression
 Without JSON &amp;Compression
 Without JSON &amp; No Compression

 Insert
 Read
 Update
 Insert
 Read
 Update
 Insert
 Read
 Update
 Insert
 Read
 Update

100
 10
 One
 216
 35
 38
 167
 55
 59
 216
 23
 65
 215
 25
 57

100
 10
 Two
 -
 48
 93
 -
 49
 102

 35
 134

 25
 101

100
 10
 Three
 -
 45
 80

 49
 98

 37
 117

 24
 106

1000
 10
 One
 404
 144
 160
 447
 109
 157
 503
 148
 129
 482
 111
 126

1000
 10
 Two
 -
 175
 268
 -
 129
 259

 176
 301

 135
 295

1000
 10
 Three
 -
 177
 279

 142
 263

 174
 299

 135
 296

10000
 100
 One
 1763
 1209
 414
 2151
 1182
 357
 1574
 335
 847
 1845
 321
 834

10000
 100
 Two
 -
 1352
 811
 -
 1246
 643

 378
 1151

 334
 1142

10000
 100
 Three
 -
 1318
 729

 1252
 701

 369
 1088

 336
 1158

100000
 1000
 One
 81021
 50172
 39480
 77690
 46138
 38554
 79289
 20623
 89653
 93558
 19357
 108458

100000
 1000
 Two
 -
 53523
 34523

 52027
 42957

 20125
 88771

 19357
 111962

100000
 1000
 Three
 -
 53816
 33460

 51703
 43643

 20409
 98932

 19630
 110352

Combining many field as JSON and made it into a single field - Performance