Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Daniel <em...@7thfire.com> on 2006/08/02 22:23:03 UTC

Makefile.PL

Embperl-2.2.0]$ perl Makefile.PL
Build with support for Apache mod_perl?(y/n) [y]

it would be nice if options were enabled to the Makefile so that options
could be passed to it so that the interactive setup can be bypassed.

Here's an example of GD's setup:

 perl Makefile.PL --help
Unknown option: help
Usage: perl Makefile.PL [options]

Configure GD module.

     -options       "JPEG,FT,PNG,GIF,XPM,ANIMGIF"   feature options,
separated by commas
     -lib_gd_path   path            path to libgd
     -lib_ft_path   path            path to Freetype library
     -lib_png_path  path            path to libpng
     -lib_jpeg_path path            path to libjpeg
     -lib_xpm_path  path            path to libxpm
     -lib_zlib_path path            path to libpng

If no options are passed on the command line.  The program will
attempt to autoconfigure itself with the gdlib-config program (present
in GD versions 2.0.27 or later).  Otherwise it will prompt for these
values interactively.

--
"You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your
freedom. I hope you will make good use of it." -- John Quincy Adams