Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Rahul Kirthivasan <he...@yahoo.com> on 2001/06/04 22:20:19 UTC

OT: Help !! Problem when including j2ee.jar in Tomcat's class path

Hi all,

When I try to invoke an EJB bean from a SOAP
service bean deployed on Tomcat 3.2.1, I get
a Class not found javax/ejb/EJBHome error.
So I added my J2EESDK-DIR\lib\j2ee.jar
to my tomcat's class path in tomcat.bat.
But as soon as do that tomcat starts in the
seperate console window and immediately
terminates. When I remove the J2EE.jar class
path it starts normally. Why is this happening ?

I am using Tomcat 3.2.1. BUt Does J2EE SDK
from sun put in a higher version of Tomcat.
Will this cause any problems. (I see a Tomcat 4.0
being displayed in J2EE's window. What exactly
is that ?)

Thanks,
Rahul