Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Michele Martin <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2013/09/24 20:06:06 UTC

Starting Intro to Marketing Module

Hi

My name is Michele Martin, I am currently a senior in the Business Program at University of Washington, concentrating on Marketing and Technology Information Management. I would love to donate some time to OpenOffice. Currently I am taking 3 marketing classes this quarter so anything I can help with, please just let me know.

Have a good day!

Michele Martin
michelema@hotmail.com

Re: Starting Intro to Marketing Module

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Mohamed Akram Wazeer
<ak...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi I am Akram from Sri Lanka, i would like to volunteer for the Marketing of OpenOffice, how can i contribute ?

Hello Akram and welcome to the Apache OpenOffice project!

Some of our marketing efforts are global, generally in English.  But
we also have country-specific marketing efforts.  For example, those
in the German-language community create brochures describing
OpenOffice in German, and attend local open source conferences.

We have a Tamil translation of Apache OpenOffice, due to the volunteer
efforts of Mr. V.Kadal Amutham (cc'ed).  But we only have a partial
Sinhala translation.

I assume that the best marketing for a product in Sri Lanka would be
to have a product that supported Sinhala as well as Tamil and English?

Regards,

-Rob

Posted by Mohamed Akram Wazeer <ak...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.