Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Jone.hwk" <jo...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2005/09/08 03:26:37 UTC

Bug with "ForBean" when upgrade from beta5 to beta6

Hi,
When upgrading project from beta5 to beta6,"NullPointerException" throwed
saying line 263 error:

line 263:   int valueCount = stringReps.length;

stringReps is NULL ???

Jone.hwk

Re: Bug with "ForBean" when upgrade from beta5 to beta6

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

This should not be null in normal operation as hidden fields are
generated within a form when volatile is false.

Hidden fields are not generated if the list is empty, however, and null
would be returned for stringReps as a result. In other words this is a
definite bug in some cases. In addition, the verification for null needs
to be done anyway. Please add a JIRA issue, and I will check in the
modification shortly. Thank you for finding that.

-mb