Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2017/10/24 19:25:32 UTC

[VOTE] uima-sdk 3.0.0-beta rc7

Here's rc7 for uimaj sdk 3.0.0-beta.

The fix since rc6 is to correct the Eclipse launcher script in the examples
project in the binary distribution, so it doesn't depend on maven.

Made also a minor update to the overview doc to incorporate the new v3 user's
guide and mention the migration tool for v2-> v3, per Richard's suggestion.

I would recommend diff-ing the sources between rc5 and rc7 - the differences
should be minimal, and may help to reduce the amount of inspecting etc.

Here are the Jiras:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%2012310570%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%2012339590%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC

Maven artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1162/

Source and binary zip/tar staged to:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uimaj/3.0.0-beta-rc7/artifacts/

Eclipse update subsite:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uimaj/3.0.0-beta-rc7/uimaj-v3-pre-production/

SVN tag: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uv3/uimaj-v3/tags/uimaj-3.0.0-beta/

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0 Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE][CANCELLED] uima-sdk 3.0.0-beta rc7

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Cancelling the vote, to fix an issue with some Java versions missing XML
constants used in XMLUtils.  Will use local constants instead.

Also will bring into the release some of the Jiras for uv3 opened since this RC.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] uima-sdk 3.0.0-beta rc7

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

signatures OK

install binary distr, run document analyzer, examine results with doc viewer - OK

build-from-source: OK

compare source-release with tag: OK

Install plugins into Eclipse Oxygen, run CDE, create type descriptor, run
JCasGen: OK

Run both migrate tool and document analyzer from Eclipse after importing
examples project from binary distribution: OK

compare rc5 and rc7: OK

no changes to license/ notices

issues-fixed and api change report OK (via diff with rc5)

[X] +1 OK to release

- - Marshall Schor