Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Gert Burger <gb...@mweb.co.za> on 2005/10/27 17:20:02 UTC

OT: Catalyst on mod_perl only hosting.

Hi

Sorry for OT.

I would like to know how difficult is it to get catalyst going on a
mod-perl hosted account?

E.g If I have a account at a hosting company that provides mod_perl. Can
I 'install' a catalyst webapp and run it without the hosting company
having a systemwide catalyst installation?

Thank you
Gert Burger
South Africa

Re: OT: Catalyst on mod_perl only hosting.

Posted by Gert Burger <gb...@mweb.co.za>.
<rant>
Well, I live in South Africa. We have the shittest telecom company in
the whole world. So hosting is crap here and internet access is crap
here.

And due to our 'special' telecom's company which cap(Intl) adsl users at
3gb. We have to host our stuff locally so that capped users can still
access the websites.

Its a mess.
</rant>

Anycase, ill look into getting a better hosting solution, hopefully a
dedicated/colocation server somewhere.

Thanks
Gert Burger

PS. Read www.hellkom.co.za to see what im talking about.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

--
END
                 Nothing is impossible.

Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/
   http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
        http://www.liquidation.com
        http://www.uksurplus.com
        http://www.govliquidation.com
        http://www.gowholesale.com

Re: OT: Catalyst on mod_perl only hosting.

Posted by Gert Burger <gb...@mweb.co.za>.
You assume I have shell access which I dont. Thats why i'm asking ;->

Thanks for the prely though.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.