Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/13 19:31:46 UTC

Add a new tag for additional client side JavaScript support

At the moment there isn't an easy way to map a fragment of markup with
a NetUI tag using a tagId to use with the NetUI client side JavaScript
support. Most of the NetUI tags have the tagId attribute for the
JavaScript support but the tags map to specific form controls and
acnhors, etc.

I'd like to propose adding a <netui:div> tag to the set of NetUI HTML tags.

One use case is a page using the NetUI tag scoping of the generated
HTML id attributes and custom client side JavaScript code that needs
to access a fragment of markup using the NetUI lookIdByTagId()
JavaScript function. The markup in the fragment may not require or use
other NetUI tags. Something like...

<netui:div tagId="myFragDiv">
  <someprefix:someTag ..."/>

Any concerns or thoughts?

Thanks,
Carlin

Re: Add a new tag for additional client side JavaScript support

Posted by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com>.
I can go ahead and do this work, adding a new forTagId attribute to
the <netui:rewriteName> tag so that it rewrites a name using the
scoping in the page rather than the request. Within the implementation
we can call a base class routine,  getIdForTagId() to get the real tag
id to generate rather than going through the URLRewriter. I'll open a
JIRA issue for tracking this enhancement. Thanks again for the help.

Carlin

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
  No problem.  :)  Hope it helped.

Posted by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com>.