Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alex Shneyderman <a....@gmail.com> on 2006/10/09 15:16:19 UTC

tiles question

I have a definition that goes something like this:

<definition name="commonext.def"
                extends="common"
                path="/WEB-INF/jsp/main.jsp">
   <put name="ext" type="page" value="/SingularExt.do" />
</definition>

<definition name="SingularExt.def"
                path="/WEB-INF/jsp/SingExt.jsp" />

where SingularExt.do is an action that manipulates data in a session
form and forwards to SingularExt.def

The action that actually spawns the sequences is yet another action
and on its success it forwards to commonext.def.

The SingularExt.do action gets called and I can confirm that my data
is getting set correctly. But when inside the JSP
/WEB-INF/jsp/SingExt.jsp I can not see my data.

Anyone knows what is happening?

Alex.

Re: tiles question

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org>.
Alex Shneyderman ha scritto:
> well, thanks for your help.
>
> I gues it has soemthing to do with the fact that i include a tile that
> refers to the page
> that is an action. Might it be that Struts does not handle this case?

I don't think so, since your ActionForm is in session you should not
have any problem referencing that bean....

Re: tiles question

Posted by Alex Shneyderman <a....@gmail.com>.
well, thanks for your help.

Re: tiles question

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org>.

Re: tiles question

Posted by Alex Shneyderman <a....@gmail.com>.
public ActionForward execute(
            ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
            HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
    throws IOException, ServletException {

        SimpleForm simpleForm = (SimpleForm) form;
        String forwardName = "success";

       	SearchService searchService =  getServiceLocator().getSearchService();
        SimpleView simpleView = searchService.doSearch();
        simpleForm.setSimpleView(simpleView);
        return mapping.findForward(forwardName);
    }
}

the relevant JSP code from /WEB-INF/jsp/main.jsp (commonext.def):
    <head>
        <title><bean:message key="application.title"/></title>
    </head>
	<tiles:insert attribute="ext" />

and relevant JSP from /WEB-INF/jsp/SingExt.jsp (SingularExt.def):

<c:set var="simple"
          scope="page"
          value="${sessionScope.SimpleForm.simpleView}" />

<ul>
<li>Person Typy: '<c:out value="${pageScope.simple.personenTypCd}" />'
</li>
</ul>

Thanks for your help.

Re: tiles question

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org>.

Re: [tiles] Re: tiles question

Posted by Alex Shneyderman <a....@gmail.com>.
I do believe those are forwards.

> Are you sure that "forwards" and not "redirects" to the destination
> definition? Please post your action mapping.

anyway here are the action defs:
<action
      path="/EntryAction"
      type="simple.EntryAction"