Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Mike Heath <el...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/04 00:45:34 UTC

[mina] Group communication framework

Lately I've been maintaining some code that relies on JGroups.  After
getting into it a bit, I couldn't help but think that MINA would be
well suited for handling group communication ala JGroups.  Are there
any plans for adding a JGroups like reliable group communication layer
to MINA?

-Mike

Re: [mina] Group communication framework

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

2005/5/4, Mike Heath <el...@gmail.com>:
> Lately I've been maintaining some code that relies on JGroups.  After
> getting into it a bit, I couldn't help but think that MINA would be
> well suited for handling group communication ala JGroups.  Are there
> any plans for adding a JGroups like reliable group communication layer
> to MINA?

You're right.  MINA has an abstract API that can even wrap group
communication layer IMHO.  We could implement group communication or
wrap known implementations.

Thank you,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/