Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it> on 2019/05/08 16:02:22 UTC

Inconsistent documentation of Table Conditional functions

Hi to all,
in the documentation of the Table Conditional functions [1] the example is
inconsistent with the related description (there's no resultX for example).
Or am I wrong?

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.8/dev/table/functions.html#conditional-functions

Re: Inconsistent documentation of Table Conditional functions

Posted by Rong Rong <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Flavio,

I believe the documentation meant "X" as a placeholder, where you can
convert "X" into the numeric values (1, 2, ...) depends on how many "CASE
WHEN" conditions you have.
*"resultZ" *is the default result in the "ELSE" statement, and thus it is a
literal.

Thanks,
Rong

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.
Ok, thanks a lot for the clarification! Adding an "Example" on the right of
"Description" would be very helpful (IMHO)

Best,
Flavio

Posted by Xingcan Cui <xi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Flavio,