Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Florence Dardenne <da...@sceb.ucl.ac.be> on 2002/04/16 16:41:00 UTC

PerlRequire

Hi,

I've been search all the guides and never found the answer to next
question : I have mod_perl 1.26 correctly installed with Apache 1.3.22.
When I include in the httpd.conf file this kind of line "Include
/home/me/auto-apache.conf" which has a PerlRequire command like
"PerlRequire /home/me/bin/startup.pl", I have an error saying :

"Invalid command 'PerlRequire', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module not included in the server configuration"

Does mod_perl 1.26 includes the 'PerlRequire' functionality or do I need
higher version ?

Thanks a lot for helping,

Florence Dardenne.

Re: PerlRequire

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
Florence Dardenne wrote:
> Does mod_perl 1.26 includes the 'PerlRequire' functionality or do I need
> higher version ?

All versions of mod_perl have that feature.  You must not have mod_perl
compiled into that server.  See this entry in the guide:
http://perl.apache.org/guide/install.html#How_can_I_tell_whether_mod_perl_

- Perrin

Re: PerlRequire

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 16:41 16.04.2002, Florence Dardenne wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've been search all the guides and never found the answer to next
>question : I have mod_perl 1.26 correctly installed with Apache 1.3.22.
>When I include in the httpd.conf file this kind of line "Include
>/home/me/auto-apache.conf" which has a PerlRequire command like
>"PerlRequire /home/me/bin/startup.pl", I have an error saying :
>
>"Invalid command 'PerlRequire', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
>module not included in the server configuration"
>
>Does mod_perl 1.26 includes the 'PerlRequire' functionality or do I need
>higher version ?

As Perrin stated, mod_perl 1.26 does have this directive. The issue is
probably that mod_perl isn't correctly installed. See
http://thingy.kcilink.com/modperlguide/install/How_can_I_tell_whether_mod_perl_.html
to find out if it is(the answer is most probably now), then read the
Guide's installation section.
Guide: http://perl.apache.org/guide/
Installation: http://perl.apache.org/guide/install.html
You probably forgot some part of the process. You should re-do it step by
step or see if you forgot something obvious.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be