Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Luke Meyer <lm...@vmware.com> on 2011/09/12 21:59:02 UTC

announcements

Is anyone planning to announce (i.e. announce@h.a.o):
1. The location of the revised CVE-2011-3192 advisory
2. The availability of new release(s)
?

The last thing on that list is the initial advisory, August 24.

Re: announcements

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 9/12/2011 5:01 PM, Luke Meyer wrote:
>> From: Noel Butler [mailto:noel.butler@ausics.net]
>> The last thing that needs to be done is make announcement when the mirrors may not have synced, hence Bill's 24 hr mirror clock update time allowance comment, have patience.
>
> I think the mirrors have synced on 2.2.20 long ago. Also is there any reason updates to the advisory haven't been announced? E.g. to tell folks not to worry about 1.3? Not making any demands here, just a little mystified at what to expect from announce@ if not these things.

Well, I had hoped that we could have pushed out the messaging a bit
early, but there are so many moving parts that we wanted to update
at once.

Please note Jeff's appeal for patch review, because I'll be pushing
these to patches/apply_to_... tomorrow at lunchtime, EDT, before we
send out the updated advisory.  Catching any last snafus would be good.

Re: announcements

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 9/13/2011 1:44 PM, Luke Meyer wrote:

>> Huh?  Did you miss the attached, broadcast to all announce@ lists?
>
> I got something like that, but I received it from jim@jaguNET.com via dev@httpd.apache.org and assumed that was just a draft. I haven't gotten anything from announce@httpd.apache.org since 8/24, and that's what the archives show as well.

Keep in mind that announce@httpd.apache.org (and announce@apache.org
for foundation wide news) are separate lists you may want to subscribe to.

> OK, actually, they show an update on 8/26 that I didn't get. It's entirely possible my email is "special" somehow, but shouldn't the 2.2.20 announcement be in the archives there for posterity?

There is a new edit that will be linked in the 2.2.21 release announce.

RE: announcements

Posted by Luke Meyer <lm...@vmware.com>.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-announce/201108.mbox/browser

Re: announcements

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

RE: announcements

Posted by Noel Butler <no...@ausics.net>.
On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 15:01 -0700, Luke Meyer wrote:

> > From: Noel Butler [mailto:noel.butler@ausics.net]
> > The last thing that needs to be done is make announcement when the mirrors may not have synced, hence Bill's 24 hr mirror clock update time allowance comment, have patience.
>
> I think the mirrors have synced on 2.2.20 long ago. Also is there any reason updates to the advisory haven't been announced? E.g. to tell folks not to worry about 1.3? Not making any demands here, just a little mystified at what to expect from announce@ if not these things.

because 2.2.21 is being synced out right now.
Wait until it's announced within next 24 hours.

RE: announcements

Posted by Luke Meyer <lm...@vmware.com>.

Re: announcements

Posted by Noel Butler <no...@ausics.net>.