Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/01 09:56:34 UTC

Plan to remove OAP v8.x and previous releases from download and doc page when 9.3.0 released

Hi dev team

The 9.2.0 release is on a vote and should be able to release tomorrow.
With 3 versions iteration, I think we are confident to say, 9.x is our
default mainstream and ready for prod use.

So, when we release 9.3.0(Nov. or Dec. 2022), all 8.x releases(8.8.1
and 8.9.1) with docs could be removed from the website.

As always, no version and doc would be removed permanently, they are
all in GitHub's tagged versions, as well as in ASF's archive SVN,
https://archive.apache.org/dist/skywalking/.

I am sharing this plan 2 months earlier than taking action, if anyone
thinks we should keep 8.x, please comment here and share why. For now,
we don't have any committers to keep working on  8.x backend and UI.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

[Reminding] Plan to remove OAP v8.x and previous releases from download and doc page when 9.3.0 released

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
As we mentioned 2 months ago, this day is coming soon.

All v8 download and docs links are going to be removed from the
website very soon.
You would only be able to find those versions on ASF's archive SVN.

v9.3.0 is planned to release at the end of this month or early next month.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2022年9月1日周四 17:56写道: