Posted to pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> on 2019/03/05 20:08:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release PyLucene 7.7.1

The PyLucene 7.7.1 (rc1) release tracking the recent release of
Apache Lucene 7.7.1 is ready.

A release candidate is available from:
   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/pylucene/7.7.1-rc1/

PyLucene 7.7.1 is built with JCC 3.5, included in these release artifacts.

JCC 3.5 supports Python 3.3+ (in addition to Python 2.3+).
PyLucene may be built with Python 2 or Python 3.

Please vote to release these artifacts as PyLucene 7.7.1.
Anyone interested in this release can and should vote !

Thanks !

Andi..

ps: the KEYS file for PyLucene release signing is at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/lucene/pylucene/KEYS
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/pylucene/KEYS

pps: here is my +1

Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 8.1.1

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.
The release vote has now been called off due to PYLUCENE-50.

Andi..

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Allouche <da...@allouche.net>.

Posted by Milo H Fields III <mf...@paladin-sys.com>.
+0 (user)

before the

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Allouche <da...@allouche.net>.

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Allouche <da...@allouche.net>.

Posted by Marc Jeurissen <ma...@uantwerpen.be>.
+1

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Marc Jeurissen

Bibliotheek UAntwerpen
Stadscampus – Ve35.303
Venusstraat 35 – 2000 Antwerpen
marc.jeurissen@uantwerpen.be
T +32 3 265 49 71

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.
> On Jun 10, 2019, at 22:24, Victor Olaiya <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Okay thanks,
> I tried building it, I was getting errors of org.apache.x.x.jar not found.
> I was building using maven.
> Although I haven't installed the main lucene I just have it downloaded and
> unarchived.
>
> Do I have to build it form the lucene directory for it to work?

I don't know.

> How then do I integrate it with my indexes.

I don't know. What does it mean to use Luke from python anyway ? Isn't the Java interface sufficient ?
(your PyLucene indexes should be fully compatible with Java Lucene ones, of course, it's Java Lucene doing all the work in both cases).

Anyhow, you should ask all Luke-related questions on the lunene user list:
  http://lucene.apache.org/core/discussion.html

Andi..

Posted by Victor Olaiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Okay thanks,