Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by "Mohni, Daniel" <da...@ch.unisys.com> on 2006/09/27 10:07:26 UTC

missing Administration tasks in daily build

Hello

after I have a nice looking WebApp, going thru the first steps
(eg. registered the administrator, repository and index)

now i can login, and get redirected to the browse window,
but i miss the administrator menu on the left.

Looking at the tomcat log, tells that the admin logged in
succesfully, but there must be a problem with detecting
the login in the menu tree...

Any hints ?

-Daniel

RE: [solved] missing Administration tasks in daily build

Posted by "Mohni, Daniel" <da...@ch.unisys.com>.
just for the records, this is a stupid error of my configuration
behind a Apache webserver using a vhost

working vhost-config:

NameVirtualHost archiva.your-domain:*

<VirtualHost archiva.your-domain:*>
   ServerName archiva.your-domain
   ServerAlias archiva

   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteRule ^/archiva/(.*) http://your-server:8080/archiva/$1 [P,L]
   RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://your-server:8080/archiva/$1 [P,L]

   ProxyPreserveHost On
   ProxyPassReverse / http://your-server:8080/archiva/

   ErrorLog logs/archiva.your-domain-error.log
   CustomLog logs/archiva.your-domain-access.log common
</VirtualHost>

if you disable 'ProxyPreserveHost On' the cookie can
not be identified.

- Daniel