Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Fürtbauer Wolfgang <w....@utanet.at> on 2014/08/29 10:29:57 UTC

remove_header not working?

Dear all,

I'd like to remove the X-Spam-Report header for mails in case of ham

therefore I added

remove_header ham Report

to my local.cf

But still ham messages have the X-Spam-Report header?!

What am I doing wrong?

SpamAssassin Server version 3.4.0
   running on Perl 5.10.0
   with SSL support (IO::Socket::SSL 1.38)
   with zlib support (Compress::Zlib 2.064)

Thanks in advance
Wolfgang

Wolfgang Fürtbauer                      Tel: 	+43 7612 77620
Steinbichlstrasse 58d                   Mobil: 	+43 664 8332326
4812 Pinsdorf                           E-Mail: w.fuertbauer@gmx.at
Austria

Re: remove_header not working?

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Fri, 2014-08-29 at 11:46 +0200, Axb wrote:
> Those reports are "added" by Exim's interface which does not seem to
> respect the local.cf directives.

Exim accessing SA template tags?

> On 08/29/2014 11:29 AM, Fürtbauer Wolfgang wrote:
> > unfortunatelly not, X-Spam-Reports are still there

If the option report_safe 0 is set, SA automatically adds a Report
header, though only to spam. Equivalent

  add_header spam  Report _REPORT_

The following is not only added to ham, but its contents are not the
_REPORT_ template tag but resemble the default "report" template, the
body text used for spam with report_safe 1.

There is no template tag to access the "report" template. Thus, this
header must be defined somewhere in the configuration, complete with all
that text, embedded \n newlines and _PREVIEW_ and _SUMMARY_ template
tags.

> >   has NOT identified this incoming email as spam.  The original
> >   message has been attached to this so you can view it or label
> >   similar future email.  If you have any questions, see
> >   postmaster for details.
> >
> >   Content preview:  [...]

> >   Content analysis details:   (-221.0 points, 5.0 required)
> >
> >    pts rule name              description
> >   ---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
> >   -100 USER_IN_WHITELIST      From: address is in the user's white-list

Are there really *two* X-Spam-Report headers?

Also, why is this one in German? SA doesn't mix languages during a
single run.

Why do the hostnames differ?

And, well, which hostmaster fat-fingered that ccTLD?

Re: remove_header not working?

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
please keep list mail on the list.

Those reports are "added" by Exim's interface which does not seem to
respect the local.cf directives.

Maybe some Exim user can help you further, either on the SA or if not on
the Exim list.

Sorry, can't help further...

Posted by Fürtbauer Wolfgang <w....@utanet.at>.
Hi,

I'm trying to remove "my own" X-Spam-Report for ham mails leaving my
organisation in order not to bother the other party.
I had serveral mails returned because of the X-Spam-Reports

<snip>

Improper folded header field made up entirely of whitespace (char 20 hex):

<snap>

my only add_header line is:

add_header all Status "_YESNO_, score=_SCORE_ required=_REQD_
tests=_TESTS_ shortcircuit=_SCTYPE_ autolearn=_AUTOLEARN_ version=_VERSION_"

glue is spamd called from exim

BR
Wolfgang

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.