Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Di...@equant.com on 2004/04/29 16:18:02 UTC

export to EXcel from JSP using POI framework

Hello All,

I have recently started using POI project for sending jsp data to excel
sheet.
Our requirement is to display data from JSP file into Excel worksheet .
I have the following test code to display my data in an Excel file ,
however
when the excel is launched it opens
a blank(empty) worksheet. Also Instead of displaying worksheet name I have
written in my program it shows my program file name (.jsp filename) as
worksheet name.

If any body can help me I will highly appreciate

response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");
response.setHeader ("Content-Transfer-Encoding","7bit");
response.setHeader("Content-Disposition","inline; filename =unknown.xls");

FileOutputStream outXls = new FileOutputStream("workbook.xls");

HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook();
HSSFSheet sheet = wb.createSheet("ATS Sheet");

// Create a row and put some cells in it. Rows are 0 based.
HSSFRow row = sheet.createRow((short)0);

HSSFCell cell = row.createCell((short)0);

HSSFCellStyle cellStyle = wb.createCellStyle();
cell = row.createCell((short)1);
cell.setCellValue("Test");
cell.setCellStyle(cellStyle);

wb.write(outXls);