Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by iSquareOne LLC <is...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/08 18:36:23 UTC

Currrent Best Available Version of MyFaces

Hi, All,
  Our project has passed a release mile stone. It was built on MyFaces  1.1.1, which was first available in Oct 2005, I believe. Now we are  looking into upgrading to the latest version. However, I see people  have different opinions on which version to take. Current release is  1.1.3. Is it a good release to go for?
  We don't use any fancy features, but we do use dataTable from Tomahawk  a lot. Another thing is we experienced problem with f:inputDate  f:inputCalendar, and eventually we gave that up and use inputText  instead. Is there any improvement on these two tags?

  Thank you for your input!

  - Shawn

---------------------------------

Re: Currrent Best Available Version of MyFaces

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I prefere to get 1.1.4 out.
(you are welcome to join our discussion on the dev list)

-Matt

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
well,

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Yes,

this guy is a show-stopper

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1296

Matthias

On 7/10/06, iSquareOne LLC <is...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thank you Matt!
>  Your input is very helpful. Do you know when 1.1.4 will be available? If it
> will be ready in one month, we can wait till then to upgrade. If not, we may
> have to just upgrade to 1.1.3 instead. In that case, are there any known
> bugs in 1.1.3 you would warn us about?
>
>  Thanks!
>
>  - Shawn
>

> Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>  Well dude,
>
> we just posted a RC for myfaces core
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~matzew/myfaces/core/
> you may take a look, because MyFaces 1.1.3 is not usable (IMO)
>
> -Matt
>
> On 7/9/06, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> > but myfaces core 1.1.3 has a blocker bug, so not really usable.
> >
> > -Matt

> instead.
> > >
> > > inputCalendar bugs were fixed right after the 1.1.1 release, so
> > > upgrading should solve those problems.
> > >

> > --
> > Matthias Wessendorf
> >
> > futher stuff: