Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/18 08:56:38 UTC

[commons-daemon] 1.2.5 release?

Hi,

Is there anything to prevent a 1.2.5 release soon?

--
Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: [commons-daemon] 1.2.5 release?

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 25/03/2021 21:46, Mladen Turk wrote:

> On 25/03/2021 20:31, Mark Thomas wrote:

>>> That would be much faster thought :D
>>
>> Expect an email from DigiCert shortly to set up your account on the
>> code signing system.
>>

> Setting up account was quite easy
>
>> Instructions on how to set-up for code signing are here:
>> https://infra.apache.org/digicert-use.html
>>

> Cool.
>

> Thanks

What is the status of the release? I can't find it :-(

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 25/03/2021 13:50, Mladen Turk wrote:

> On 25/03/2021 14:46, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 25/03/2021 12:21, Mladen Turk wrote:
>>> I used to do releases couple of years back.
>>> Since 1.2.5 is mostly fixing procrun issues, I'll try to make that
>>> release.
>>>
>>> Is there some doc with new set of rules for creating a release?
>>
>> HOW-TO-RELEASE.txt located in the root of the repository.
>>
>> You'll also need to get yourself setup to sign the Windows binaries. I
>> can get that started if you wish.
>>

> That would be much faster thought :D

Expect an email from DigiCert shortly to set up your account on the code
signing system.

Instructions on how to set-up for code signing are here:
https://infra.apache.org/digicert-use.html

Mark

Re: [commons-daemon] 1.2.5 release?

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

On 18/03/2021 12:23, Gary Gregory wrote:
> that would be the most effective path forward IMO

Regards
--
^TM

Re: [commons-daemon] 1.2.5 release?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I don't see any roadblocks but I've not tested or reviewed the code base.
We'd need to see if the previous release manager has the time to do so as
that would be the most effective path forward IMO. Creating a release
candidate and then publishing it has a lot of little steps.

Gary