Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2011/04/13 09:51:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache CXF 2.4.0

It's been about 6 months since the release of 2.3 and we've done a fantastic
job implenting new features  and cleaning up various parts of the code and
integrating new versions of libraries like WSS4J, Neethi, XmlSchema, etc...
that provide a good base for new features and enhancements going forward.   I
think it's time to get 2.4.0 out there.

List of issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310511&version=12315386

Migration guide:
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/24-migration-guide.html

The Maven staging areas are at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-085/

The distributions are in:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-085/org/apache/cxf/apache-cxf/2.4.0/

This release is tagged at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/tags/cxf-2.4.0

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Here is my +1.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CXF 2.4.0

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com>.
+1

--
Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CXF 2.4.0

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Colm.

Posted by David Zhang <zh...@hotmail.com>.
-1

i just did an update to see if the patch sergey did for me is still working.
But the build fails at
Apache CXF JAX-WS System Tests .................... FAILURE

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.cxf:cxf-codegen-plugin:2.3.5-SNAPSHOT:wsdl2java
(generate-test-sources) on project cxf-systests-jaxws:
org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.DVFactoryException: DTD factory class
org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.dtd.DTDDVFactoryImpl does not extend from
DTDDVFactory. -> [Help 1]

I am interested in this build because 2 days ago a build succeeded but the
patch did not work anymore. I suddenly got an error at runtime telling me
the message expired. Some days before this sergey commited a patch which was
working well for me.

David

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jim Ma <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
This is my +1.

--
Willem
----------------------------------

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
+1

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
+1
Christian

--
----
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CXF 2.4.0

Posted by robert <ro...@gliesian.com>.
If there is still time, you can use jetty 7.4.0 in regards to CXF-3378:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-3378?focusedCommentId=13019295#comment-13019295.

-- Robert

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
+1

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache CXF 2.4.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
With 15 +1 votes and no other votes, this votes passes.   I'll get the
artifacts promoted.

Dan

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
With vested interest, a strong non-binding +1 :)

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1