Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by 史周波 <zh...@cs2c.com.cn> on 2012/05/04 10:26:04 UTC

Hi I hava a question about how to use VBA language on the Linux

Hi all,
I am researching how port the App for windows to Linux.
I meet a question about how to use the VBA language in AOO on the Linux?

Regards.

robertzhou

Re: Hi I hava a question about how to use VBA language on the Linux

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 5/4/12 3:26 PM, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
> Le 04/05/12 10:26, 史周波 a écrit :
>
> Hi Robert,
>
>> Hi all,
>> I am researching how port the App for windows to Linux.
>> I meet a question about how to use the VBA language in AOO on the Linux?
>
> The short answer is : you can't.
> The long answer is that you will have to rewrite your VBA in
> StarOffice/OOo Basic, the included Basic programming language (and API)
> that comes with AOOo. Some of the structures and constructs are similar,
> but there are notable differences. There used to be a Basic Programmer's
> Guide available for download on the internet, but I don't know if it is
> still around now that the project has moved to Apache stewardship, i.e.
> I don't know if that material was included in the grant made by Oracle
> to the Apache foundation. Someone else here might be able to provide
> more insight.

we have the Basic guide in the wiki
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/BASIC_Guide

Juergen

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurgood@gmail.com
> wrote:

> You can always take a look at the built- in help, it has a chapter or
> three on programming with OOoBasic.

See also
Porting Excel/VBA to Calc/StarBasic
http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/HOW_TO/various_topics/VbaStarBasicXref.pdf

FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell

Re: Hi I hava a question about how to use VBA language on the Linux

Posted by 史周波 <zh...@cs2c.com.cn>.
Hi Alex,

thank you very much for your answer.

Regards
Robertzhou

于 2012年05月04日 21:26, Alexander Thurgood 写道:

Posted by Alexander Thurgood <al...@gmail.com>.

Hi Robert,

Posted by 史周波 <zh...@cs2c.com.cn>.
Hi,
yes, user hope to edit the VBA code..
于 2012年05月04日 17:27, Yong Lin Ma 写道:

Posted by Yong Lin Ma <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yong Lin Ma <ma...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know, only VBA import is supported in AOO 3.4.  Since VBA
export is not supported, I don't think you can edit it by far.
All these should be platform independent.

There is wiki for VBA support in
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/VBA_interoperability_in_OpenOffice

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.