Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by dan tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/06 03:40:05 UTC

plexus-archiver-manager

Folks, I think we have a need to create plexus-archiver-manager component to
lookup an org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.Archiver/Unachiver based on a archive
type
(tar, zip, gzip,etc). maven-assembly-plugin will use this new class to clean
up it's hardcoded archiver types.
  The implementation of this class is similar to

http://svn.codehaus.org/trunk/mojo/maven-native/maven-native-components/maven-native-manager/src/main/java/org/codehaus/mojo/natives/manager/?root=mojo
   interface ArchiverManager
{
  Archiver getAchiver( String archiveType );
  Unarchiver getUnachiver ( String archiverType );
}
  The question here is, where should we put it, a brand new package (jar) or
merge into maven-archiver package
  The implementation is simple, I can send a patch in
  -D

Re: plexus-archiver-manager

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 06:40:05PM -0700, dan tran wrote:
>
>>Folks, I think we have a need to create plexus-archiver-manager component to
>>lookup an org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.Archiver/Unachiver based on a archive
>>type
>>(tar, zip, gzip,etc). maven-assembly-plugin will use this new class to clean
>>up it's hardcoded archiver types.
>>  The implementation of this class is similar to
>>
>>http://svn.codehaus.org/trunk/mojo/maven-native/maven-native-components/maven-native-manager/src/main/java/org/codehaus/mojo/natives/manager/?root=mojo
>>   interface ArchiverManager
>>{
>>  Archiver getAchiver( String archiveType );
>>  Unarchiver getUnachiver ( String archiverType );
>>}
>>  The question here is, where should we put it, a brand new package (jar) or
>>merge into maven-archiver package
>>  The implementation is simple, I can send a patch in
>

> Under plexus-archiver in plexus is the correct place for this.

Yes, it's the best place.

Emmanuel

Re: plexus-archiver-manager

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.