Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <bp...@f2network.com.au> on 2004/05/14 01:38:48 UTC

Dashboard failure

Quick note before I leave for the day...

Dion mentioned last night on IRC that dashboard's plugin tests fail under
the reactor in some circumstances.

This isn't a reactor bug as such and so is not too serious. The problem is
that the reactor passes on the current context to the subproject, and the
plugin tests intended to use a default that was overridden by the parent
project.

While I think that the reactor should start with a clean slate and accept
parameters if necessary, this will break stuff, so is not something to
change for 1.0.

Dashboard's plugin tests cannot be run from the maven or plugin-parent sub
directories via reactor, or need to explicitly define a checkstyle checks
file to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Brett

--