Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> on 2000/09/28 20:10:11 UTC

Re: ESQL/SQL Taglibs

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Marcus Crafter wrote:

> 	Perhaps you could elaborate a little about your thoughts for
> 	inserts/etc in the C2 SQL taglib, and also where everything fits
> 	together between the different Cocoons (ie. esql & sql taglib, and
> 	which is preferred for C2 use, etc).

the esql logicsheet is the only one i'm going to be working on in the
future, and i plan to support it across both cocoon1 and cocoon2 (and
axkit). i know it's biased towards strictly executing queries (not
updates) right now, but that was easiest for me while i worked on getting
the new syntax working. now that that's working well, i'm going back and
adding support for things like prepared statements, stored procedures, and
updates. suggestions are welcome, i'll make it a point to bump up updates
on my list.

for cocoon2, the esql logicsheet should work well with a minimal amount of
porting. the only things that will need to be changed are those that refer
to the internal xsp data structures that don't exist in cocoon2.
specifically, the get-columns backwards compatibility method, and possibly
the get-xml method. the method signature for the "inner methods" will also
need to change or else the methods will have to be inlined like usual. i
anticipiate working on this stuff at apachecon when i get together with
the cocoon2 developers are someone can walk me through the installation :)

- donald

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750