Posted to announce@apache.org by Brock Noland <br...@apache.org> on 2012/12/04 17:13:58 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Flume 1.3.0 released

The Apache Flume team is pleased to announce the release of Flume version 1.3.0.

Flume is a distributed, reliable, and available service for efficiently
collecting, aggregating, and moving large amounts of log data.

This release can be downloaded from the Flume download page at:
http://flume.apache.org/download.html

The change log and documentation are available on the 1.3.0 release page:
http://flume.apache.org/releases/1.3.0.html

Your help and feedback is more than welcome. For more information on how
to report problems and to get involved, visit the project website at
http://flume.apache.org/

The Apache Flume Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flume 1.3.0 released

Posted by "Cochran, David" <da...@bsee.gov>.
Okay, not a big issue I was able to script around it.

But I have another question (of course right?)

Using tail -F as a source, can an interceptor be used to prepend each
line with the hostname of the box before sending it to the sink?

Following the example in the UserGuide, i modified my conf, the
flume.log doesn't report any errors when started..... everything
appears to work fine...but on the sink copy of the log the lines are
not modified....

Here's a snippet of what I'm running for the source, likely I have
something hosed.

node_app01.sources = source21091 source21092
node_app01.channels = channel21091 channel21092
node_app01.sources.source21091.interceptors = a b
node_app01.sources.source21091.interceptors.a.type =
org.apache.flume.interceptor.HostInterceptor$Builder
node_app01.sources.source21091.interceptors.a.preserveExisting = false
node_app01.sources.source21091.interceptors.a.hostHeader = hostname
node_app01.sources.source21091.interceptors.b.type =
org.apache.flume.interceptor.TimestampInterceptor$Builder

-Dave

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by "Cochran, David" <da...@bsee.gov>.

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.
Wiki updated:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLUME/Home

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flume 1.3.0 released

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Will McQueen <wi...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.