Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sander Smith <ss...@rogers.com> on 2004/06/01 12:29:18 UTC

SSL Client Authorization

I'm writing an application with SSL that's been working fine, and would
like to enable client authorization. It seemed like the thing to do was go
to my connector (org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector) and enable it
there. Lo and behold there is a method (setClientAuth) that seems to do
what I want, but for some strange reason it takes a string as an argument
instead of a boolean. What am I missing here?? How do I enable this?

Sander Smith

Re: SSL Client Authorization

Posted by Jim Hopp <ji...@netyourwork.com>.
According to this link
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/ssl-howto.html

possible values are "true", "want", and (I presume) "false".

I use client authentication in (non-embedded) Tomcat, and "true" does
indeed require client authentication.

-Jim

Posted by Sander Smith <ss...@rogers.com>.
Doug,