Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by John Oliver <jo...@john-oliver.net> on 2006/06/27 01:45:17 UTC

Is it possible...

I just started looking at JMeter.  I'm wondering if I can feed JMeter a
list of URLs (or parameters to be fed to one URL), have JMeter retrieve
the result, and run embedded code (an .swf container that calls an .xml
file, and the XML contains other objects to be downloaded for that one
particular project).

Re: Is it possible...

Posted by John Oliver <jo...@john-oliver.net>.
On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 07:33:51PM -0400, Peter Lin wrote:
> the way the access log works is this.
>
> 1. the sampler opens the log file
> 2. it parses a single line and produces a request
> 3. the sampler uses the request and sends it to the server
> 4. repeat steps 1-3
>
> when multiple threads are used, the sampler will get the next request from
> the parser. the sampler can be configured to stop at the end of the file or
> start at the beginning again.
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Access_Log_Sampler

Yes, it does!  Thanks!

I started to get some useful results.  But I'm pretty sure I'm going to
have to gang a few machines together to get any really meaningful
results.  Are there any gotchas to setting up a group of machines like
that?

Re: Is it possible...

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
the way the access log works is this.

1. the sampler opens the log file
2. it parses a single line and produces a request
3. the sampler uses the request and sends it to the server
4. repeat steps 1-3

when multiple threads are used, the sampler will get the next request from
the parser. the sampler can be configured to stop at the end of the file or
start at the beginning again.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Access_Log_Sampler

hope that helps

peter