Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Carl Olivier <ca...@zero-one.co.za> on 2004/11/10 15:09:15 UTC

Buffering and redirection to the errorPage

Greetings.

I have a question with regards buffering of output and subsequent errorPage
redirection.  Maybe I am missing something.

The default buffer size for a JSP page response is 8kb.  If an exception is
thrown AFTER 8kb has been written (and the initial chunks has been
committed) then the redirection to the errorPage (if specified) does not
occur.  Does this sound right?

I have solved this during debugging by increasing the buffer size to a
larger kb amount on offending pages, then removing the setting once
debugging has occurred.

Is there anyway to enforce the redirection to the errorPage?

Thanks.

Carl

RE: Buffering and redirection to the errorPage

Posted by Mike Curwen <g_...@globallyboundless.com>.
> If an exception is thrown AFTER 8kb has been written (and the
> initial chunks has been committed) then the redirection to the
> errorPage (if specified) does not occur.  Does this sound right?

That sounds 100% correct.

> Is there anyway to enforce the redirection to the errorPage?

Not once the buffer is flushed.